Thursday, January 18, 2007

Art Experiences' first web page

I cannot believe I was actually able to update this ancient monster to include a link to this blog.

I call it a monster because all 'real' webmasters scream in horror when I say I created a website using Microsoft Word. Not Frontpage, but Word. It may not be great code or look very fancy, but it was a monumental accomplishment for me personally to figure out how to do it, and to upload it one page and image at a time to my host, Lunarpages. They were so patient with me! I knew nothing about anything, and the folks at the user forum and help desk answered my questions and set me straight, even though I was using tools from the dark ages.

This blog was started as an easy way to have a current internet presence for Art Experiences. Now I will keep blogging even after I purchase real web design software to create a new website for Art Experiences. I like the interactive ability that a blog offers, and the ease of updating.

No comments: